Computer Building Help
Virus/Security Alerts
Broadband Tweaks
Computing Guides
Featured Hot Deals
Reviews
Tools

Top 25 reasons to register!

Advertise your link here for $19.99/month!

Computers OverClocked Welcomes You!
 Date/Time is Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:10 am
 Computer Photo Gallery
Computing News Headlines:
New HTC Android Phones Tweaked to Evade Apple Patents
Ivy Bridge Temperatures – It’s Gettin’ Hot in Here
Adobe CS6 on sale today, Creative Cloud coming May 11th

I hired him, and I am VERY Satisfied!
Post new topic Reply to topic Computers OverClocked Forums - phpBB mods All times are GMT - 5 Hours - EDT
goingnova
Platinum Member

PostPost subject: I hired him, and I am VERY Satisfied!
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:44 am

No, I am not a friend of his! Very Happy I run the forums at www.goingnova.com (look for the forum link up top). I am new to installing forums, and I can only install the most basic mods. I posted a message about something on the phpBB support forums, and Adam posted an answer for me. Well, I noticed his signature, and decided to check out his site. I was a little nervous to hire him, since I was not keen on giving him total access to my web site. But I decided to give it a try. He has done EVERYTHING I asked for, AND MORE! And, he does this at a very reasonable price! All I can say is, if there is something you need done, this guy is the guy you go to! I am EXTREMELY Pleased with his work, and I would not hestiate to hire him again, or recommend him to anyone! Thank you very much ADAM! Very Happy

edit: made this a sticky topic. -Adam

Last edited by Adam on Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Rate Post
Adam
His Excellency

PostPost subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:45 am

Thank you very much! I appreciate it as I will do anything that is needed to help. Glad I could help. Smile

I'll also make this a sticky for anyone else to post in too.

Thanks,
Adam

Last edited by Adam on Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Rate Post
Mona
NEW POSTER

PostPost subject: Re: I hired him, and I am VERY Satisfied!
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:48 am

Hello Smile

I just wanted to add to this thread and thank Adam for all of his help. I am a complete novice and found Adam at the php.bb forum when I decided to open my own board.

I emailed him and he installed my board last year and has updated and upgraded my board several times, as each new upgrade comes along.

His work is excellent and he is always so helpful and understanding of my complete ignorance about my board. I have managed to learn how to install a few very VERY simple mods, but have turned to Adam for the hard "stuff" and he has never let me down.

I don't know Adam personally, just though emails regarding my board, but he has always been so patient and helpful with me, I just wanted to thank him here on his board. Very Happy

Sincerely,
Mona
 Rate Post
Adam
His Excellency

PostPost subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:34 pm

Thanks Mona, glad I could help. Smile
 Rate Post
greengoose
NEW POSTER

PostPost subject: Re: I hired him, and I am VERY Satisfied!
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:22 pm

I hired him too based on the few reviews I found here.
Here is my experience:

I am a very paranoid, skeptical person. To say I was petrified, to give some stranger access to my 2 years worth of work, would be a complete understatement. My forum was on a cheap shared server and I was shut down due to too much activity due to my forums extreme growth. My PHPBB database was over 200 Mb, over 150,000 hits per day on the forum. I had very little time to remove my data and get it to another more expensive server. Out of desperation I reluctantly gave Adam an email asking for help. He responded quickly with a price and said he could start ASAP. Perfect! Just what I needed. I had to give him ALL passwords and full access to let him do his magic. My blood pressure rose with the anxiety of letting some stranger into my kingdom built from scratch.
Here is where things get better. Adam emailed me constantly to let me know what he was doing and how things were going. He took time out of his weekend and evenings to transfer all of my data to the new server. He upgraded everything that needed it. He had it upgraded within 1 hour of my new server going live. I wasn’t sure what to expect from the price he was asking. All I can say is that his service was worth EVERY dollar! I only wish I had called him earlier. I wasted three days trying to do it myself. He also helped me with a few other items I was having problems with.

The least I could do was to pay him great compliments and try to explain how I felt before and after. I know someone will read this post and will have the exact feelings that I had about allowing some stranger access to their hard work. Take the leap of faith. If anyone would like to talk to me on the phone about my experience, please PM me and I can call you back. I hope that sums up my experience with Adam.

THANKS ADAM!
-Bryan
 Rate Post
Adam
His Excellency

PostPost subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:28 pm

Thanks Bryan, excellent post! Glad I could help and get the forums running on your new host.

Thanks again!
-Adam
 Rate Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic Reply to topic Computers OverClocked Forums - phpBB mods Page 1 of 1