Computer Building Help
Virus/Security Alerts
Broadband Tweaks
Computing Guides
Featured Hot Deals
Reviews
Tools

Top 25 reasons to register!

Advertise your link here for $19.99/month!

Computers OverClocked Welcomes You!
 Date/Time is Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:25 pm
 Computer Photo Gallery
Computing News Headlines:
New HTC Android Phones Tweaked to Evade Apple Patents
Ivy Bridge Temperatures – It’s Gettin’ Hot in Here
Adobe CS6 on sale today, Creative Cloud coming May 11th

Fatal error in installation
Post new topic Reply to topic Computers OverClocked Forums - phpBB mods All times are GMT - 5 Hours - EDT
tommy_s7

PostPost subject: Fatal error in installation
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:27 am

I have installed this board before but when i tried installing at networksolutions.com i get "PHPbb: critical error, could not connect to the database".

I moved all the files over from local. I set all "write" permissions for config.php as it says in the instructions.

I see the "Welcome to phpBB 2 Installation" page and I am choosing:
mysql3.x for basic

Am i supposed to put something into the database configuration other than the localhost and prefix entries which are already there?

Am I supposed to upload or create a mysql database?

--tom
 Rate Post
somebody1

PostPost subject: Re: Fatal error in installation
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:19 pm

yes, you must create a database, and use the username, password and hostname when installing the phpbb forum.

most of the time localhost will be localhost, if that dont work try networksolutions.com as the localhost. but you have to create the database first.
 Rate Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic Reply to topic Computers OverClocked Forums - phpBB mods Page 1 of 1