Computer Building Help
Virus/Security Alerts
Broadband Tweaks
Computing Guides
Featured Hot Deals
Reviews
Tools

Top 25 reasons to register!

Advertise your link here for $19.99/month!

Computers OverClocked Welcomes You!
 Date/Time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:39 pm
 Computer Photo Gallery
Computing News Headlines:
New HTC Android Phones Tweaked to Evade Apple Patents
Ivy Bridge Temperatures – It’s Gettin’ Hot in Here
Adobe CS6 on sale today, Creative Cloud coming May 11th

Linksys WRT54G V5.0 - firmware tips/review
Post new topic Reply to topic Computers OverClocked Forums - Hardware/Software Staff Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours - EDT
Adam
His Excellency

PostPost subject: Linksys WRT54G V5.0 - firmware tips/review
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:35 am

I had my experiences with one tonight and since there are known problems with this router out of the box, I'll share my thoughts. These problems are new to the V5.0 of this router. V4.0 and below were fine. No worries though, the problems of the WRT54G V5.0 can be fixed!

Out of the box, the router comes with v1.00.1 of the firmware on it. I was using a RoadRunner connection that is capped at 5000kbps download and 384kbps upload. I was experiencing around 450kbps download and 200kbps upload. I tested it using a computer plugged into the LAN to obtain those speeds. I tried with a wireless computer and got the same speeds.

I went and downloaded the v1.00.4, Dec. 8, 2005 of the Linksys firmware. I enabled WPA2 and turned off the broadcast. After this firmware update, which can be obtained here, my speeds were 4800kbps download and 360kbps upload (what they were before I added the router to the mix)! Very big improvement.

I did not test wireless to wireless speeds of the router.

My rating:
Out of the box: 1/10
Updated firmware: 9/10

Last edited by Adam on Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
 Rate Post
JJJHeaowoao

PostPost subject:
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:01 am

air Griffey optimum one is certainly involving Nike's the vast majority of flourishing Retro escapes belonging for your the decade and if could be in truth the last colorway for the present time the Griffey one, my spouse and i nike air max 1 liken which experts state to actually test heading off after great the sixth - chilling out on top.
 Rate Post
wfjaras5
NEW POSTER

PostPost subject:
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Recently a group of three alleged pictures of prototype F -20 was to appear on the network. Seen in the picture,the north face down jacket, this fighter F -20 is not clean,kelly hermes,timberland boots men sale,hermes belts price,,Berlusconi denies' sex party held in their own villa,cheap hermes handbags, the number before the label prototype F been exposed -20,cheap hermes,U.S. media exposure Mitt Romney for parents who play under the bann,,British epidemic of three major cities to protest against austerity,timberland boots men,vintage hermes constance bag,Nokia Q3 net loss of 969 millio,hermes jypsiere bag, respectively for 2001 and 2002. Cautious users found J -20 prototype and numbered 2001 and 2002 F -20 obvious difference in appearance is the lighter color of the nose radome pitot tube also different from the previous two times,north face etip gloves. J -20 fighter Radom change is likely to have based the installation of an electronic scanning radar and testing work,cheap the north face,hermes kelly,hermes bags prices,north face online,ZTE plans to,Analysts said the iPad Mini is not retina display,hermes 2012.
 Rate Post
thomas
NEW POSTER

PostPost subject: Re: Linksys WRT54G V5.0 - firmware tips/review
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:32 pm

This post will, therefore, employee login provide you with a step-by-step employee portal guide on how login employee complete the CVS Learnet login and access the employee sign in login portal
 Rate Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic Reply to topic Computers OverClocked Forums - Hardware/Software Staff Reviews Page 1 of 1