Computer Building Help
Virus/Security Alerts
Broadband Tweaks
Computing Guides
Featured Hot Deals
Reviews
Tools

Top 25 reasons to register!

Advertise your link here for $19.99/month!

Computers OverClocked Welcomes You!
 Date/Time is Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:41 am
 Computer Photo Gallery
Computing News Headlines:
New HTC Android Phones Tweaked to Evade Apple Patents
Ivy Bridge Temperatures – It’s Gettin’ Hot in Here
Adobe CS6 on sale today, Creative Cloud coming May 11th

More Adelphia Complaints
Post new topic Reply to topic Computers OverClocked Forums - Broadband Reviews - Negative Experiences All times are GMT - 5 Hours - EDT
dj_mixt
Category (1) Deputy

Category (1) Deputy

PostPost subject: More Adelphia Complaints
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:42 am

Ok so when I first got adelphia in october it worked great. My speeds were 3mb down and 512kb up with no issues. In the past 2 months I've had problems every week.

Sometimes my latency sucks, and it takes like 20 seconds to even connect to pages. Other times it connects really fast, but then takes forever to load the images.

Recently, my download speed has been about 1.2mb down and 456kb up. The upload isn't my issue... its the download speed.

DSL is faster than freaking 1.2mb!!!!!!!

Everytime I call adelphia after I spend the 10 minutes on the phone with the 'level 1' customer server they send me up to level 2 who proceed to explain how
Quote:
"It doesn't appear to be a network issue, your connection looks to be about where it should be as far as the signal, have you checked for spyware"

YES I JUST FORMATTED MY F***ING HARD DRIVE!!!!!!! (no i didn't say F***, but i was thinking it)

Oh my god they are lame. So then he said "I'm going try to update the firmware in your modem to see if that helps". So he does, and the modem works great and i'm back to 2.7mb down.... For about 12hours or so.... then the next day -- SAME THING AGAIN.

If Roadrunner was available here in the Bay Area in Cali, i'd so sign up. All we have is stupid adelphia in some parts of the bay, and comcast in the other part. WHY GOD WHY?[/quote]
 Rate Post
Adam
His Excellency

PostPost subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:23 am

If you're paying extra for the 4000/512 package vs. the 3000/256 package, I'd ask for a credit because you're not getting the speeds you should be getting.

Post a trace route to computersoc.com and yahoo.com
 Rate Post
dj_mixt
Category (1) Deputy

Category (1) Deputy

PostPost subject: Re: More Adelphia Complaints
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:52 am

Well actually I'm back to the normal package now. Last month when I went in to pay my bill the service lady told me that 'the premium highspeed' is not available in this area'. So apparently I am getting slightly higher than i should be for upload, but my download is suckin.
 Rate Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic Reply to topic Computers OverClocked Forums - Broadband Reviews - Negative Experiences Page 1 of 1