Computer Building Help
Virus/Security Alerts
Broadband Tweaks
Computing Guides
Featured Hot Deals
Reviews
Tools

Top 25 reasons to register!

Advertise your link here for $19.99/month!

Computers OverClocked Welcomes You!
 Date/Time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:49 pm
 Computer Photo Gallery
Computing News Headlines:
New HTC Android Phones Tweaked to Evade Apple Patents
Ivy Bridge Temperatures – It’s Gettin’ Hot in Here
Adobe CS6 on sale today, Creative Cloud coming May 11th

How do I eliminate multiple copies of the email spam?
Post new topic Reply to topic Computers OverClocked Forums - The General Store All times are GMT - 5 Hours - EDT
nataliasimmons

PostPost subject: How do I eliminate multiple copies of the email spam?
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:23 am

Hi there,

I have a using SBC mail but some problem in it so I want to fix it. Please tell me about, How do I eliminate multiple copies of the email spam?
If you have a better suggestion related to this topic answer me.
Thank You
 Rate Post
nicolesmithus

PostPost subject: Re: How do I eliminate multiple copies of the email spam?
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:59 am

Seeing the same exact email two or three times instead of only once? Unfortunately, seeing multiple copies of email in Outlook is a common issue when your mail client (ie. Outlook) is setup to leave copies of your mail on the server. Outlook compares the headers of emails already on your computer with those on the server – if they differ, or have been corrupted for some reason, your Outlook will download the email again.

How can I prevent receiving the same email over and over?
The only foolproof method to prevent Outlook from re-downloading the same email is to tell it to stop leaving mail on the server. Here’s how to do it in Outlook/ Outlook Express:
Browse to your email accounts settings (Tools -> Email Accounts – View or Change Existing)
Click on your email account and hit “change” or “properties” at right
Click on the “more settings” button
Under the “advanced” tab you’ll want to uncheck “leave copies of messages on server”
More solutions
Some other solutions we’ve encountered in case the above doesn’t work for you:
If you are using aliases (forwarding) for your email, make sure that the alias is not setup to check emails in a different profile
Move all your inbox messages to a new folder
Create a new profile/ pst folder
www sbcglobal net | sbc mail | sbcglobal mail | sbcglobal net email login
 Rate Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic Reply to topic Computers OverClocked Forums - The General Store Page 1 of 1