Joined: Nov 09 2017
|Post subject: Web root installation and uninstallation Support 18009864520
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:14 am
|Webroot's antivirus software protects your important data from online threats and data theft. If you have a technical problem with this antivirus, or if you are trying to upgrade or trying some different safety program, you can uninstall this through the windows control panel. In some of the cases, it happens that this process can not completely remove this software from your system. For these cases web root offers two clean up tools that can eliminate all traces of this software from your computer.
Webroot antivirus software tries it’s best to provide you best experience. It gives you the best support to install or uninstall, but rarely some errors might occur while performing actions on this software. If you are also facing any such error, the following information may help you.
Many of these software errors can be resolved by either uninstalling any previously installed Webroot antivirus software or by running some of the particular clean up functions first and then reinstalling a new. We are providing the following are the recommended steps to follow:
• Go to the Webroot website and choose the product according to your hardware and OS.
• Click on the download now link for your product version.
• When asked, click Save and keep a note of the path, where the file is saved on your personal computer.
• Next, you can find the saved file and double click the file to start the installation.
• When prompted, enter your Keycode. You can find it on a card inside your box or in an email message if you ordered your product online.
• Continue to follow the installation instructions as they appear:
• Go the Start button on your desktop and click on "Control Panel." Select Uninstall a Program.
• Select the name of your product and then click "Uninstall."
• Meanwhile, Click Start, then right click on Computer. Select Properties -> System Protection and "Create" to set a system restore point.
• Open the Web browser which you are using in your system and download the CleanWDF tool from this antivirus’s website. Save the tool on your directory.
• You can double click on the "CleanWDF.exe" file on your system and choose Clean to remove all Webroot drivers. When it is done with the cleaning process, it will ask you to restart your computer at which you have to say Yes. If in case, you have not got a prompt to restart, click "OK."
• Download a new cleaning tool "WRUpgradeTool" from this antivirus website. You will have to save the tool on your system.
• You will have to double click the "WRUpgradeTool" file that was saved on your desktop. You can click on "Next" to uninstall any left Webroot files on your desktop.
• You will need to click on "OK", when prompt, to restart your system when the tool completes its proper clean-up process.
If you want to reinstall the Webroot security software, you will have to insert the webroot product CD and follow all the instruction for downloading as well as for the installation which you have received through email.
You should try to install the Webroot security software in Windows Safe Mode with Networking. This way of installing is useful if the system is suffering from any malware.
If these above stated instructions are not able to resolve your issue, you can contact to the Customer Support for any issue.