Computer Building Help
Virus/Security Alerts
Broadband Tweaks
Computing Guides
Featured Hot Deals
Reviews
Tools

Top 25 reasons to register!

Advertise your link here for $19.99/month!

Computers OverClocked Welcomes You!
 Date/Time is Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:01 pm
 Computer Photo Gallery
Computing News Headlines:
New HTC Android Phones Tweaked to Evade Apple Patents
Ivy Bridge Temperatures – It’s Gettin’ Hot in Here
Adobe CS6 on sale today, Creative Cloud coming May 11th

long range wireless
Post new topic Reply to topic Computers OverClocked Forums - Networking and War Driving All times are GMT - 5 Hours - EDT
somebody1

PostPost subject: long range wireless
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:34 pm

bout 2 years ago my neighbor moved and we bought his land. he had a 2-bay paint booth and workshop in the back, im going to make it my shop, and ive got an old socket 7 pc i want to stick in there to search parts on the internet so i dont come inside get my good machine and room dirty.

so i dont feel like digging ditches to lay wire, too many tree roots septic tank, pool in the way. i wanna go wireless. but its about 450ft from my room. theres tons of trees, and tons of walls in my house that will be interferance, my room is on the opposite side of the house than the direction of the shop.

i found a long-range 1000ft wireless point-to-point bridge but it cost bout $700.00, i only feel spending bout 50-75$ Laughing im cheap.

anyone know of any good long-range wireless access point.

ive currently got a wireless b/g network, but it doesnt have to be WiFi it could be any wireless technology.

Last edited by somebody1 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Rate Post
Adam
His Excellency

PostPost subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:36 pm

If you can find a V4 of the Linksys WRT54G then put the firmware on it to boost the wattage. Also get that Linksys PCI wireless card that has the three antennas on it. Total cost about $150 for both.
 Rate Post
somebody1

PostPost subject: Re: long range wireless
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:53 pm

i was on linksys's site and found a WRT54GX4, shows 3x times the standard wireless g network, it has 3 antennas. i think it will do it, i dont really need a router but might as well sometimes they cheeper than access points. might get rid of this netgear pos while im at it. :lol
 Rate Post
PCracer51
Category (1) Deputy

Category (1) Deputy

PostPost subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:28 pm

if you need to increase the routers coverage for some reason with that card, hawking makes a signal boster than connects in line with the router's antena.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=91038
 Rate Post
somebody1

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:58 pm

thanks racer, hawking seems to have some nice products Laughing

their outdoor 9dBi antenna say,"Extend Your Wireless Range by up to 1.5 miles" Laughing
 Rate Post
narendarji
NEW POSTER

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:26 am

LoRa Network Protocol and Long Range Wireless IoT ... A guide to the standard and its coverage, protocol stack, range and compatible chips and gateways.

Last edited by narendarji on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
 Rate Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic Reply to topic Computers OverClocked Forums - Networking and War Driving Page 1 of 1